ϟ    HOME      FOR TRADE      RECEIVED      MISSING COUNTRIES    ϟ
___________________________________

Postcard 29 / PL-142159

Wednesday, February 16, 2011


Postcard 29 | Wroclaw, Poland
PL-142159 from JohnMiaow (Maciej)
Dated: December 3, 2010

This is technically my first ever card received from Poland, if it wasn't for my sister. I moved at the end of the year last year for work so I had to change my address ASAP. It was inevitable to have other postcrossers draw my name in the system which had my old address. So flashback to January, my sister saw this postcard in the mailbox and forgot to tell me. A month after, she told me I got an official card waiting for me in Manila. The result is that this card has traveled for 102 days. Way to mess up the stats, sis. 

By the help of Google Translate, I was able to understand bits of the information on the back of this wonderful postcard. If I understood it right, it's an illustration of Wroclaw, Poland from 1737-39. Maciej told me that it's quite cold there, (about -20C). Thank you for the warm kisses!

Manor houses (Dwor) of Lopusznej and Janocu k Pulaw stamps 

No comments:

Post a Comment