ϟ    HOME      FOR TRADE      RECEIVED      MISSING COUNTRIES    ϟ
___________________________________

Postcard 37 / JP-151749

Friday, February 25, 2011


Postcard 37 | Traditional Festivals of Japan Mapcard
JP-151749 from tinktink0302
Dated: February 14, 2011

A postcard from my Postcrossing Favorites album! Yay! Another mapcard has found it's way to my collection. This time it's this Festivals Picture Map of Japan. It came from a person who I always see around the forums but never had the chance to had a little chat with. If I'm not mistaken, this is the second postcard I received from a known forum member, the first from norbaer

Sumie tells me that she is originally from Aomori (which is there on the postcard somewhere) where Nebuta Matsuri is held. According to her, it  is very old and one of the three big summer festivals in Japan. 

She used a lot of interesting stamps on the postcard, especially these marked with 1964 and 1972. I've been trying to figure out what are these, but I can't seem to find them on the online lists. Maybe somebody could help me?

The said stamps and this adorable Air Mail stamp mark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment