ϟ    HOME      FOR TRADE      RECEIVED      MISSING COUNTRIES    ϟ
___________________________________

Swaps / 2-11-11

Thursday, February 17, 2011


Private swap with Daeriin
Dated: January 26, 2011

Map of Livonia. 1573.
Drawn by Flemish astronomer Johannes Portantius (?-1577)
National History Museum of Latvia
My first card from Latvia and it's a wonderful mapcard from a swap with Riin.

Coat of Arms of Latvia stamp
-


Private swap with ulpa



You know the drill, click through for bigger sizes

When I read ulpa's thread, I immediately jumped on the chance of swapping with her for these lovely vintage cards. Another generous trade I've come across. I consider these postcards from the 50's onwards as treasures. I have a fascination with vintage cards. I love seeing what places look like during the past, how people perceived things, the architecture, the design, et al. You should've seen my face upon opening the envelope. The card smelled old, and I liked that. I'm weird, I know.

One of the cards came with this lovely stamp from 1966.
Amazing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment