ϟ    HOME      FOR TRADE      RECEIVED      MISSING COUNTRIES    ϟ
___________________________________

Swap / 02-15-11

Thursday, February 17, 2011


Private swap with Ami10 (Amiya)

According to Amiya, this card shows the typical Indian snippets - Woman in a Sari & bindi, classical dance Kathakali, good luck charms, etc. I chose this card particularly because of these elements. I love it when one card can tell so much about a country and it's culture. Isn't this card a gem?

Just yesterday, I saw a show in National Geographic about a traveler exploring India. He was there particularly to explore the insects in the country's forests and the common parasites that causes different illnesses. It was quite educational, since I can relate thanks to hours and hours of pain-staking Microbiology classes. I was amazed with this parasite the body lice. I've heard one that pesters our human scalps, not the one that clings to our clothes. Ew, right.

Dr. BR Ambedkar and CV Raman stamps
-

Click through for bigger sizes

Private swap with joycE30
Dated: January 30, 2011

Omelette du fromage? 
- Dexter, Dexter's Laboratory

Do you remember that unforgettable line from Dexter's Laboratory? I remembered after watching that episode, my sister and I kept on repeating the line with different voices like a broken record. Our parents was so annoyed at us that day. Haha. I'm sorry I had just to do that since this post includes, cheese and the Eiffel Tower. 

This wonderful, generous swap is with Joyce from The Netherlands. She traded 2 Nouvelles Images for 1 of her favorites. My first 2 Nouvelles Images card! I've been wanting to receive a multiples card for the longest time. Joyce, by the way, sells some of these cards and others over at her site: Ogi Post.


No comments:

Post a Comment