ϟ    HOME      FOR TRADE      RECEIVED      MISSING COUNTRIES    ϟ
___________________________________

Swap: squirrelsohno

Wednesday, February 16, 2011


Private swap with squirrelsohno
Dated: December 10, 2010

New York - “The Empire State”
One of the original 13 states, New York was first settled by the Dutch in 1613. It has a population of over 16 million people.
CAPITAL: Albany. FLOWER: Rose.
TREE: Sugar Maple.
MOTTO: Excelsior, Ever Upward.

This beautiful mapcard is from a private swap with squirrelsohno (Megan) who is from North Carolina, USA. The quoted text above is what’s written at the back of the card. I love this postcard because not only it is very pretty but also very informational. I’ve always thought “Excelsior!” was connected with Stan Lee but I now know it is also New York’s motto.

A random thought: One of the reasons of wanting to become a Nurse was to go abroad and be able to live and work in New York. I’ve always wanted to see what’s there and experience the adventures found there. And then I got scared because of my uncle’s stories about his life in New York.

Stamps used:
Navajo Jewelry, Tiger, Christmas Nutcracker Soldier

No comments:

Post a Comment